Saturday, January 23, 2010

Wonderful News!!

After getting reports of a recent CT scan, the mass in Jordan's chest is shrinking! The doctors strongly feel that the current mass in Jordan's chest is nothing less of scar tissue consisting of dead cells and will dissipate in time. The doctors tell me not to worry...that if their was something to worry about the mass would be getting bigger, its doing the opposite!!

The maintenance phase is scheduled to begin this Monday, starting off with getting admitted into the hospital with a spinal where more chemo will be administered. The most important procedure that day will be the port-a-cath finally being inserted into his chest. This means no more pic line! This will be start of the three year maintenance phase we have all been anticipating. It does involve chemo pills everyday that will last the entire time. This absolutely concerns me...I have no idea how he will respond to this as Jordan seems to be so sensitive to every type of treatment. The doctors assure me most kids can go back to school and play sports so I am expecting easier days ahead. The maintenance phase will also include chemo once a month through his port, spinals taps every three months, and steroids once a month.

Jordan's birthday was a success! There was a sea of red everywhere in honor of his favorite baseball team...the Angels, with a few exceptions of Dodger Blue roaming around! It was the most I've ever seen Jordan play since he's been diagnosed. It was a birthday well deserved by Jordan and he enjoyed every moment of it!

We've hit some huge milestones...the mass shrinking, the maintenance phase about to begin, and Jordan turning 10. I have to say again, I never thought I'd see these days...when you're going through the storm, brighter days seem so far away. My prayers will be that Jordan's counts will raise during this three year phase, allowing him to be a little boy again, going to school, playing with friends, and of course...playing baseball. I have to keep telling myself...God's got him in the palm of His hands and He will allow Jordan the desires of his heart.

Thank you for your continued support and prayers. They will still be needed as we embark on this new phase of Jordan's Journey...

3 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that good news Melissa! As always we will continue to keep your family in our prayers. I so admire the strength of your whole family...and Jordan is stronger than anybody I know!

    Take care, Jackie Maxson and the rest of the Powell family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news!! You guys are all in my daily prayers Melissa.

    Love you,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am so glad that the sun is finally shining on your family!!! God is so good and his master plan will make sence of all of this. Our prayers are with you guys!!
    XOXo

    ReplyDelete