Sunday, October 25, 2009

Jordan - Bat Boy!

This weekend was much more enjoyable than last weekend for the Macias Family! Since last weekend's chemo treatments, Jordan has finally recovered, making it a weekend full of baseball.

Jordan was the bat boy for his brother, Tristen's traveling baseball team on both Saturday and Sunday. The minute I saw him pick up the first bat and jog out on the field, I must say...brought tears of much satisfaction and joy. It made me remember when we first brought him home from the hospital, he could barely walk, let alone jog. Jordan being out on the field and being apart of the team (even in their huddles) made me realize that ALL things are possible.

When Jordan is feeling well from the side effects of chemo, he gets stronger and stronger in all areas. He is more than ready now to be back on the baseball field playing once again. Soon this phase will end for this particular treatment, than we only have one more aggressive phase before he is on the maintenance phase. I can only hope, it won't hit it hard and set him back.

Friday morning, Jordan was one of four 4th graders at his school to win a bike in which Mrs. Matlock entered his name for the entry. He was able to go up in front of the school and see friends, teachers, and parents who may not have seen Jordan in a while. This made Jordan really happy, plus any chance he gets to go to school makes him so excited.

Unfortunately, we are due back Monday and Tuesday for another round of chemo. It is a repeat of what he's been having and thankfully, no spinal tap is due.

Jordan easily gets bored at home not going to school and playing sports, so this weekend was much needed to recharge and reset his mind. If there's, one thing I noticed about him, he's strong and he's a fighter.

He has told me before he is stronger than me which I know has truth to it. The other day, he was messing around on the computer and he just kept on writing over and over again: Jordan is strong, Jordan is strong. He probably wrote it 40 times...we should all take lessons from him. I know I should.

1 comment:

  1. Jordan is amazing. My family says a prayer for Jordan and your family every night. My daughter has even strated making sure that the moon understands that it is Jordan Macias and not the Jordan in her class that needs the special prayers. Way to go Jordan, so glad you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete