Saturday, October 3, 2009

A Much Better Week!

Thankfully all is much better in the Macias home! Tristen is feeling well and back to school and Jordan is much much better since the last dose of chemo. No more throwing up and he's EATING!

Unfortunately he's back down to 54 lbs. Last week just really socked it to us. No chemo this week, although we did have to go to the doctors in Fontana twice for lab work and to change the dressing on his pic line. He seems to be having some sensitivity to the dressing, after all, his skin has not had a break from bandages and tape since June... so the nursers are trying some different techniques for some relief.

Jordan had the opportunity to go to an Angels game this week, he totally loved it and they won which makes it even better! Jordan indulged on a hot dog, pizza and tons of sunflower seeds. He had a great time with his Grandpa and Uncle Gary!

We are due for more chemo on Monday and Tuesday. We just try not to think about it until then, but believe me, my prayers have already started. The focus will be to enjoy the weekend only!

Thank you to everyone for your continued support and prayers. In our house, we seem to never get a break from this, it feels like Shawn and I are constantly carrying this burden on our shoulders. We welcome the day when we can look back on this and praise God for carrying us through.

If you find yourself struggling, the only thing I can say is tomorrow is a new day, don't give up, God won't give us anything we can't handle.

3 comments:

  1. The Macias family is an inspiration to the Berg's out here in Kansas! We continue to keep you guys in our prayers. Mir and I welcomed little Elijah last saturday, he is a week old.

    If you'd like some pics, send me an email at bergo23@gmail.com, and I'll send ya some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to hear things are better.. I have been praying like crazy.. You guys are in my thoughts everyday..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Jordan you are doing alot better. Its was good seeing you today. You looked really healthy. I am always praying for you and your family.
    Your friend,
    Anthony...

    ReplyDelete