Sunday, December 13, 2009

Jordan Is Home!!

Jordan came home Saturday and it couldn't have come soon enough! I don't know how we could have tolerated another day in there. The fevers finally stopped after he was put on a third antibiotic and the pneumonia that started in the left lung has since moved to the right lung but thankfully it is a mild case, so they gave us the pass out!

I can't even dig deep enough to find the words to describe the despair that our family endured staying in the hospital this pass week, it's something that the four of us just can't handle anymore. I'm sure it's due to what we experienced in the beginning with Jordan. Any time the four of us have to be separated now just seems unbearable. It is as if we've stopped living and time is standing still.

BUT, thankfully we serve a God that can turn a dark situation into a good one. Where there seems to be no hope, he can turn it around. Where fear may consume you, we can as hard as it may seem, no matter what our circumstance, turn our fear into FAITH by not looking at the situation but at the outcome. This week our joy was stripped away...and I say that truly for Shawn, Tristen, Jordan, and myself...so it will be my mission to find that joy again for our family. I am going to start in the book of Philippians in the bible, it's all about Joy, and start speaking life and happiness back into our family again.

I don't know when chemo will resume, we are do back for an evaluation and more blood work on Thursday, so I'm sure we will discuss the plans for chemo then. I'm thinking the following week but who knows, at least we get a break from anything heavy this week.
I'm so glad we took the opportunity and went to Knotts Berry Farm on the Sunday before Jordan was admitted. The hospital gave us tickets and we were able to go with my sister and brother in law, Gary and Sherrie, and with Jordan's cousins, Joshua and Natalee. Jordan had a blast, he was feeling great and went on every roller coaster and spin ride there was. He went on the Ghost-rider...three times!! Jordan is defiantly a thrill seeker and didn't even get sick once. Me...the second ride did me in and I was done for. I got so nauseous and sick, I had to take one of Jordan's pills he takes after chemo. My sister and I then decided to hang out at Camp Snoopy with my four year old niece and I couldn't even look at the rides, let alone ride one, but thanks to his pill, I was better towards the end of the day. I know crazy...right, I was the joke of the day and gave everyone a good laugh!

So...soon we will find that happiness again, just like the happiness we had at Knotts Berry Farm. It may take some time for us to bounce back, but we wont give up, even when the going gets tough. This is when I say...Thank you Lord for catching every tear and knowing when we can handle no more.

1 comment:

  1. Melissa,
    We are Macias women(smile)so between that and a Gracious God we will all endure! Wish I could be there to help but know That I am in Prayer.
    Love Grandma Tina

    ReplyDelete