Sunday, May 31, 2009

A Step in the Right Direction!

Today was a good day! As of noon, Jordan has been off of the ECMO machine and is doing really well. His doctors and nurses are amazed at how well he is doing and that things have progressed in the right direction so quickly. Loma Linda has had an ECMO machine since 1988. Jordan is one of the oldest people to be put on this machine. Due to this fact, he is going to be featured in a research study. We are very blessed that this machine was available to Jordan. If not for this machine, he would not be with us today.

The chemo is working, however the mass is still there. His next round will be tomorrow. Jordan is still on a ventilator. The doctors are hoping to get him off of it tomorrow. He was taken off his blood pressure medication today and is still slowly being taken off the paralyzing medications.

Jordan still has a really long road ahead of him, but as of right now, things are looking good! The power of prayer is amazing! Thank you so much for all of the prayers you have said on his behalf! Please keep them coming!

5 comments:

  1. Jeremiah 29:11 (Amplified Bible)
    For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome.
    To my Family, Shawn, Melissa and Tristen,
    I thank that God whom we serve for each triumphant gain because of HIM through the hands of the doctors, nurses and everyone who come in contact with him.
    Love and Hugs,
    Phil, Lisa, Chris and Danieel

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're praying for Jordan, Melissa, Shawn, doctors and nurses every day - plus we're going to Jose's tonight in his honor. We sure do miss him at the games.... Everyone's playing their hearts out FOR JORDAN and there are so many J's on everyone's cheeks that you know, just by looking at the Dodger's, Jordan is very loved! We miss your feistiness, Jordan! Courtney, Tim & Ben

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jordan,
    I hope you get better. I will donate 10 dollars (all my money) to you. Get well soon. We miss you.


    Love,
    BIG BEN

    ReplyDelete
  4. A friend posted about your son and the need for prayer. We also live in Yucaipa and thoughwe cant make it to Joses tonight we will pray for your son. God is so good and just reading your blog I was blessed to hear your hearts. I will have my family praying for yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am soo glad to hear that Jordan is doing so well. The ladies on my cleft palate support group are making cards for you Jordan and I should be getting them in the mail any day now. I will give them to Candace as soon as I get them! I think about you all the time and Toby and I say prayers for you everynight!

    ReplyDelete