Saturday, May 30, 2009

Progress!

Today was a day of firsts. Jordan was off of the ECMO for a few minutes and his heart and lungs were able to work on their own! There was a glitch in the machine he was on, so he was put on a new one, the transfer went without a hitch! This evening he was taken off the paralyzing medicine for a bit. Shawn and Melissa held his hand and asked Jordan to squeeze their hands if he knew they were there. He squeezed them and raised his eyebrows! As his medication was wearing off, he had tears running down his cheeks...

As far as the mass in his chest goes, there isn't really a way to know if it is shrinking as of right now because they are unable to take soft tissue X-Rays. When Jordan was first admitted, most of his lungs were not visible with a standard X-Ray. As of the most current standard X-Ray, more of his lungs are now visible.

2 comments:

  1. Jordan,
    I hope you get better soon. Everyone at school misses you very very much including me! I will say a prayer for you every night until you get better. I'll see you soon.
    From,
    Sam Bachtel

    ReplyDelete
  2. JORDAN...JORDAN...JORDAN!!! You belong to God and He belongs to you. I pray for you non-stop. When I see you and sing in your ear, I know you're listening. Soon you will be in Kidzone dancing again. Today during worship, I couldn't help but picture you and the miracle God is doing in your life. You are so precious. JORDAN, you are healed and made whole in Jesus' name (Is. 53:5)

    ReplyDelete