Wednesday, August 26, 2009

This update comes from Melissa:

Jordan had chemo yesterday, it was a light dose so it should not effect the way he feels to much. His voice is getting stronger, but he still sounds horse and talks at a whisper level. Hopefully in a couple more months his voice should resume back to normal. This is common because he had the ventilator in for so long, not to mention the NG feeding tube - which by the way has been removed for the time being because it was clogged. Hopefully it will not have to be inserted again if Jordan continues to eat and gain weight. Jordan has gained four pounds since being home for the hospital which puts him now and 54 lbs. We'll take what we can get!

Legoland was a huge success! Jordan did great the whole day and used his wheelchair. The smile that I saw on Jordan's face will never go unnoticed again. That day is a day we will never forget. There are things in life that we look at differently now. I know life is way too precious to take it for granted. I counted my blessings through out the entire day, thanking God for the second chance at life he has given Jordan. I caught myself just staring at Jordan often, thinking what a miracle he is.

This whole experience makes us put a lot into perspective now...life is too precious, you never know what tomorrow will bring. So give those extra hugs and kisses to your kids, you can never give them enough or too many!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for taking the time to share how Jordan is feeling and doing...continually praying for Jordan and family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jordan was a patient I will never forget. I will keep him and his wonderful family in my prayers. God Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This most recent update brought tears to my eyes! YAYYY Jordan!! We have been praying so hard that you could eat and gain weight. Love and prayers...Jackie Maxson,Steven Powell and the Powell Family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderfully put, life is precious. Because of your family's battle I have hugged and kissed my two boys more and more (even when they say "enough mom, enough!"). Our children are a gift from God. They are not ours, they are His. Jordan will win this fight and you'll have many, many years ahead to enjoy him and watch him grow before he is called home again.

    ReplyDelete