Tuesday, July 14, 2009

One Amazing Brother

As you all know, Jordan is home now and is doing his treatment on an out-patient basis. What we all don't see, is what this means to his big brother Tristen. There are no words to describe how quickly Tristen has had to grow up through out this whole experience. He has had to watch his little brother and his very best friend in the entire world literally fight to live. The hardest part of all, he has had to watch this from afar...as he wasn't able to be with Jordan for most of the 6 weeks he was in the hospital.

Since Jordan has been home, Tristen has taken it upon himself to be at his side every second possible. He is the one sitting next to him during is treatments now. He is the one rubbing his back, holding his hand, and giving him the encouragement he needs. He can't leave the room, let alone the house, without making sure Jordan is ok. He has stepped up like not many boys his age would, and all because of how much he loves his little brother.

He was there today when Jordan started his next dose of chemo. He is there as he watches Jordan struggle to walk without his walker, and all the time he is encouraging him and helping him fight this amazing battle that the doctors still can't believe he is winning so convincingly!

So, while we all have Jordan in our hearts and in our prayers, let's not forget about is big brother Tristen, who needs just as much attention, words of encouragement, and words of praise...for he too is fighting this battle, just in a much different way!

Tristen, you are one amazing big brother...and Jordan is so blessed to have you!

5 comments:

  1. Tristen is an amazing young man and we're so happy that we know him... and the rest of the Macias family. Your friendship is a blessing and inspiration for us! Sending you love...

    Courtney, Tim and Big Ben

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tristen,
    You are a GREAT big brother!! What an inspiration you are to everyone, adults included! We can all learn from you. Keep doing what you're doing! You truly are an ALL STAR kid. And, of course, Sierra says 'Hi'. (She STILL has her green extension.) She gets mad at me when I try to brush her hair because she doesn't want to pull it out. Hope to see you both soon!
    Love,
    Leah and Sierra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tristen, you are truley amazing and such a blessing to your family. Your love for your brother is inspirational to us all. You will all remain in our prayers and praises. God is Good!!!
    Xo Pauly, Becky, Kami and Nicky Parisi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Just saw your Family on the news and it took me away on how strong you and your family is. I look mt my 10 year old girl and my 2 year old son and can't imagine such pain. You make me grateful. I will be donating what as I can bi weekly.

    Keeping you in my prayers always
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sister and I saw you on CBS2 and we were touched by your story. I went through chemo three years ago for another type of blood cancer called Lymphoma. Today I am remission and I just wanted to let you know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I feel my bond with my sister and my faith in God got me through the toughest time of my life. Keep fighting, keep the faith and most of all, never lose hope. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete